April 20, 2011

~ Reduce Reuse Recycle ~

I have been having a blast with my new Janome 2011. This machine sews with ease and presicion. I recommend her to anyone, especially a beginner, what a great experience so far.



Last night I took her for another spin and made a sweater for Symone, well kinda. It has been cool in the mornings and I needed something on her arms, a very lightweight sweater. So of course I started thinking of what I could use.


Earlier this week I saw the tutorial over at Kojodesigns << (you will fall in love with this blog) , where they took a onesie and turned it inot a ruffled sweater.



Tutorial for this at Kojodesigns






So I did a variation as Symone is a bit big for the onesie now.


Started with one of her Gently used long sleeved shirts

Getting ready to cut striaght down the middle



Used for embelishment




Then it HIT me, Use a decoritavie stitch

This foot glides over the stitches














I am just giddy about this because she isn't going to be able to fit this next fall.




It only took me 15 Min and was 100% free!!!!










I have entered this in the CSI contest, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Challenge! Click the link below to check them out

Visit thecsiproject.com

1 comment:

  1. Cherie,
    Your jacket rocks! I'm jealous of your new toy and LOVE the stitching on the edges. The scrap bow is so fun and adds a perfect punch of color. (BTW - your family is beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete