April 17, 2011

~ The Space Where I Create ~

Finding a place to craft, sew, DIY, has been a bit difficult. While we have nooks and crannies that are not being used in our home I had dreams of having more. I didn't just want a Craft Corner, I wanted room to spread out, a place to display my creations, and still be in the mix with the rest of the family. With that criteria I had a few options.

Our loft, kid central in our house, it had room for me but I would need to be confined and be sure to put things up high. I considered the closet of my husbands office, it had a closed door and I could spread out after business hours, but it was closed off. I could have also used our room, it's huge, but I want that to be just our space. I really enjoy sewing but to see it before bed is a bit much for me.

Then it hit me, why not use the formal living room, no one else is. It is open to the dining room, so there is a table that I could craft on. It is open to the the family room and kitchen, and it looks out over the front yard, where the boys play basketball. It met all of my arbitrary well thought out needs. Since the space is open to the rest of the house and the first room seen when you enter our home I did have to hold back my desire to girly up the space. So this is what I came up with, it works for me so far.















1 comment:

  1. Awesome! What a creative way to create a creative space. You're such an inspiration to me. Our home has so many 'unused' spaces but you're given me a great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete