May 11, 2011

~ A little tight ~

I think I have shared that I am far from an expert seamstress. Well this is proof. I attempted to tackle this romper tutorial from Crafterhours.

I wanted to attempt this because I had some fabric and I wanted to try shirring. Plus this was soooo cute.

Well, 45 min later I got this.






It isn't horrible, I was only making it for her to piddle around the house in but I think it is a bit tight.

What I took away from this tutorial was quite a surprise. How to make shorts with a rise. I actually used a pair of new old navy shorts (I forgot the seam allowance) and traced a pattern with them folded one way then the other, see below.





This is the easiest thing ever and her tutorial was soo easy to follow. I just forgot my seam allowance. Oh well.

1 comment: