January 27, 2011

Knowledge = Know-how




Not many of you know but I am very easily excitable, good and bad. However nothing gets me more fired up than when someone else gets going on a project and I have a tiny bit of knowledge to help them along their way. Note, knowledge has nothing to do with know how.



A fellow blogger/co worker has found a diamond in the rough, a perfect project to (American Idol) make her own. She will be recovering an upcycled chair (see it here) and I thought that this would be a perfect time for HER to try double welting (lol).



Double welting is the side by side cord covered with fabric and attached to an upholstered piece to cover staples. Now this is no easy task, see here, here, and here. I look forward to seeing her finished project and I say thank you for getting me into gear with my own DIY ventures (can you say hello organized closet)!


If you have time swing by and visit Miss Mustard Seed, she was once an upholstery DIY'er but LOOK at her now! And over at Much to do about Nothing, she has a great tutorial on this topic.



Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog



!Thanks Stacey for the post inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment