January 23, 2012

Change Equals Opportunity

I have not posted in some time, I have a ton of excuses, it boiled down to blogging was just about last on my to do list and I haven't been able to make it to the end of that list, until now. The new year brought more than just a chance for reflection and a time to set new goals. It was a life changing time for our family.

Until last week I was a full time mom who worked full time (not an easy task). Now I am a full time mom who works at home full time. While the decision was not mine, I along with others at the organization I worked at were down sized. Yes, reduction in force.

For many this situation could be extremely taxing, emotionally and financially. For us it is a change that will allow opportunity. Living Frugally has afforded us the freedom to choose our next step. We don't have to rush nor do we have to make dramatic changes to our lifestyle.

Don't get me wrong though we will be making changes. The first being moving blogging from the dreaded end of the to do list. Yes for those who read, I am back. I will continue to blog about frugal living and saving in style. However I think considering the recent unplanned change in our income I want to start sharing a bit more detail how we budget and plan for the unplanned. I am always compensating for the unknown.

I am looking forward to the rest of 2012 and what it has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment