January 27, 2011

Frugal Friday Tip #2 - Relationships



Frugal rule number #1 - There is no such thing as a stranger



When you are passionate about something, you gush over it, you dream about it and you can't help sharing it. I live to save $, big and small and I love to tell the world (sorry to all that are tired of hearing it, I'm addicted). Not to say "hey look at my great deal", but "hey, this is how you can save a $ or $$". We, Mr. and Mrs. Frugal B, are always looking to leverage our contacts, cost savings, and information to help a fellow frugaler/frugalista.

That being said, we are not shy, we are both super friendly. I am that person that will stop you in Jo-Ann Fabrics and ask you "do you know how to do X". But I am also that person that you can stop in Jo-Ann's and ask "how do you make cloth diapers". Not only will I tell you what I know but I am willing to give resources. A hoarder of knowledge (or things for that matter) I am not. By doing this I am enlarging my circle of friends, contacts, all around support system of like minded people.

This also plays out in other ways, just being plain ole, old fashion friendly and nice. Please, thank you, tipping for services, and volunteering our time. Not because we want something but because we want to give something, kindness. So many times we have been BLESSED because of our ability to give and receive KINDNESS.

Share your dreams, plans and goals with your circle. Who knows how they can aid you in your endeavours. There are so many times that friends have saved us TIME (remember the nonrenewable resource). Had we not shared our projects or path who knows what we would have ended up with.

I could list the multitude of Blessing we have received just because of our sheer kindness, and the kindness of others. It all begins with simple relationships!

I challenge you to leverage your social networking. Whether that is work, church, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blog) you will be surprised how many people want to share their kindness with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment