February 2, 2011

JACK POT

This picture was taken in our back yard by an Ameture Photographer
that I found on Craigslist.

Sometimes when you wonder around on other blogs you find the exact thing that you were looking for, but did not know it. As you have read in this previous post that I have been on the hunt for a affordable and easy to use SLR camera. I have been searching and researching for months now, but have yet to take the plunge for a plethora of reasons. One big reason was I was just OVERWHELMED with all there was to know and learn about the cameras, let alone taking good or great pictures.


I had already decided that when I did shell out all of the $$$ I would be utilizing ThePioneerWomans photography assignments to aide in the learning process. But then I found Me Ra Koh Potography website and Blog, can you say, JACK POT. She is all about empowering Mom's (yes that's me) to pick up a camera. I also found iheartfaces, and what do they have, yep, free tutorials and tips.


Now I just need a camera and some time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheri,

    My name is JoVonda Winters and I attend your moms church. She forwarded a link to your blog to me. This past year I have turned my hobby of photography into a business that is taking off little by little. I had two digital cameeras at first but not a SLR. After selling one of my cameras, I was able to put my SLR in layaway and paid it off little by little. I dont know if you have an American Electronics and Furniture store where you live, but that's where I got mine. I now have the full package. 3 cameras, 3 lenses, flash, all studio equipment, props, backdrops, etc. I have been taking classes here at the local community college and am now in an advanced photography class. I love this profession and hope to one day become a pretty popular photographer. Check out my website www.wix.com/jomonique/photography and tell me what you think. Or you can find me on facebook. My name is JoVonda Winters, my photography page is JoMonique Photography. Good Luck in your future photography endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoVonda, thank you for stopping by. We do not have any of the stores you mentioned but I believe in waiting for what you want just like you did with your SLR. Next time I am in town I will be sure to bring my new best friend with me, our Nikon D3100, maybe you can show me a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete